Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time for phase II- Healthy prepper foods!

We have gotten together quite abit of prepped foods -but with my husbands health condition improving with eating a very healthy diet I see a need to change the way I am prepping quite abit..

Don't get me wrong-all the canned goods will still be there as emergency back up- but what I prepped was alot of processed foods we are no longer eating-like canned vegs and fruits-spam, boxed cake and brownie mixs,canned ham,canned chicken,etc..

We are not eating canned foods because of the chemicals in the lining of the cans now that are really unhealthy and the fact that most of the meat is laden w chemicals and such ! We are eating REAL organic breads and working toward homemade goodies from real ingredients..( Real to me is the natural food not chemically altered or w additives)

This week in my prepping I am going to a lovely produce stand and getting celery,carrots and maybe some other fruit and veggies to eat fresh - but also to start dehydrating.

I am going to the organic food co-op and getting several lbs. each of dried foods- beans,rice,tvp, bulgur wheat ,herbs and maybe some organic honey,molasses and maple syrup- think I will get some bulk granola and keep in the freezer to keep fresh-then if SHTF - just pull it out of the freezer

If power goes out - I plan to take freezer items and dry anyway... I don't stock alot of meat anyway-my husband is eating vegetarian and I am semi-veg!

Whatever meats we get now will be organic- we saw the info on pink slime- had watched a PBS show on food production and one day my hubby got behind a truck load of diseased looking cows... he had a gut feeling they were headed to slaughter and would be in the food chain soon as cheap meat..he said-I am NEVER eating fast food again.. and you know what-He hasn't!!

Me either now.. I had a bad experience w a pube hair at Taco Bell in my food- and found out too most fast food places use the pink slime as fillers in their burgers.. bleck!

We are going to do our best to prep with healthier foods- real food!That nourish the cells and waters in our bodies!

Good nutrition is vital to fend off diseases-it also helps our minds be clearer and sharper!

I am going to be home canning a ton from our garden and organic markets..including some stewed chicken and beef-

Making a switch to healthy eating makes prepping a little more expensive and a bit harder truthfully- but I am going to do it-NO I AM doing it.. it has started..

Soon thecheapo unhealthy spammo foods will be shoved in the back and the last thing we would ever use-glad to have it-hope we never have to be forced to eat it.. but ya never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment